The Mystery of illness


Even today, as I sit upon this hard chair in a Wake County public library, I am aware of how my body aches.
When I was 13 I never thought that I would think about my body so much.
Every day it hurts.
Every day it tells me something is wrong.
So why do I hurt today? I hurt because I played basketball two days ago, and I tweaked my
muscles. It hurts. It hurts.
But then there are deeper illnesses. There are more lifelong issues that we all face.
My dear brother Jonathan has a little boy that struggles with an illness.
It is lifelong.
Here he is.


I love little Erroll so much. He is the most amazing kid I have ever met. He is in our family to stay, and we would never want anything other than Erroll. He has a rare chromosomal disorder called Rubenstein-Taybi Syndrome.


There is so much to say about illness, but where do we begin to understand it?


In so many ways we need to "bear one another's burdens," in community, rather than try to deal with illness individually.
p://www.rubinstein-taybi.org/me?hat is Rubinstein-Taybi Syndrome?

Comments

Popular Posts