Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego


I remember singing the song about these guys when I was 5 years old.
This is the first Bible story I remember.
All I remember was that they were thrown in a fire, and they survived.
My sunday school teacher may have forgotten to tell me why they were thrown in!
It was because they would not worship "the golden image" that King Nebuchadnezzar demanded all to worship.
Once in the fire the king demanded the guards to heat up the fire 7 times its normal heat. Well, this must have pleased God, because in the 25th verse of chapter 3 of the book of Daniel, it says, "He made answer and said, Look! I see four men loose, walking in the middle of the fire, and they are not damaged; and the form of the fourth is like a son of the gods."

This seems to suggest Christ as the fourth "son of the God's."

What was your first bible story memory?

Comments

Popular Posts