A year has flown by

Like canadian geese flying over head, without warning, I have been ambushed by God's goodness this year. 12 months ago my focus was at home with my kids, and when I was not with my kids, I decided to take up the task of being a local Hospital Chaplain at Duke Raleigh Hospital. In a way, this was the silliest decision I had ever made. I could either have time to myself at home, while Silas and Josie were at school, or, I could volunteer with sick people in a local hospital. Blessing upon blessing came my way. Prayer after prayer was answered. Out of nowhere I was offered a job at StepUp Ministry. I started August 9th, 2010, and little did I know, this job would change my life. I was so completely "sent" into this job, by the strong arm of the Holy Spirit, that there was no credit I could take for it. Ten years prior, I had been the chaplain to the homeless men at the South Wilmington Street Shelter. Ten years ago I was in Duke Divinity School. Just 9 years prior, I had asked my girlfriend to marry me. I remember telling my cousin Benjamin. He knew she was the one. I glowed when I talked about her.

At Piola Pizza, my favorite pizza spot in Raleigh.





Its hard to believe God has choosen me to be His servant, but its looking like I have been tapped to not only work at StepUp Ministry ( a complete honor), but that I am awaiting installation as the next Senate Chaplain to the North Carolina General Assembly. I am overwhelmed by the movement of God. It's time to shout His name to the mountain tops. I did not seek the job out. I did not even ask for the job. It came to me, it saught me out, and it landed in my lap. God does know the desires of our heart.

Comments

Popular Posts