Tales of a NewBorn Father


The following are remarks from my book, Tales of a Newborn Father.

I love Disney. My favorite part is the monorail. I am not sure if it’s the colors, I am not sure if it’s the cool design, or the fact that I have ridden it since the early 80’s. In any case, I love the monorail. Disney World is simply awesome. Orlando is defined by Disney. You cannot disconnect Disney from Orlando. And yet, about 100 years ago, Disney did not exist. Disney was swamp land, from what I hear. But the defining factor of Disney is not just its ability to entertain. It transports you into a new life. It is more than an amusement park. They don’t just take you to Germany, or give you an experience of South America. No. Disney has characters. Cinderella, Goofy, the Mad Hatter, and many others are people that inhabit this “dream world.” Disney actually propels us into another world. And the amazing thing is that they are successful. And even more amazingly, they do it seamlessly, starting with those slow monorails. And there is something in our hearts that long for this experience. Something is wired within our souls to long for “another world,” or for “tomorrow land.” And I think that there is a bit of a “new creation” that stirs at the bottom of our hearts. All of us long for another life, for another body, for another pair of eyes, or for another place to turn. We long for new life.

As I write my "Tales of a NewBorn Father," I have started to devote my writing to a blog. If you are interested, you can click on the link below and get to my blog.






Comments

Popular Posts