Life of Riley

Me, my friends Riley and Macon, and my friends Alan and Nick, went to the Helen Wright Center tonight.
We served 26 women a hot meal, complete with a roll, some brownies, some salad, and some SWEET TEA. After we served the ladies, when we walked outside, the sky was blistering red with orange streaks in it. It was a blessed experience. The tenderness, the humility, and the facial expressions of these women were truly touching. They were so grateful for what we had done for them. In reality, once again, I noticed that it was they that were changing me. They were the ones that gave me my happy feelings. They were the ones that gave me joy. It is a true gift to be able to work with the poor, because in working with them, I find out just a little bit more about my own self. And in doing that, I find just a little bit more out about our God.

Comments

Popular Posts