Ordination

If there is anything on my mind, I think I would have to point towards my being ordained as a priest in the World Wide Anglican Communion.
There are two specific reasons that I have chosen the World Wide Anglican Communion.
Number one--It seemed to have picked me
Number two--I like it
That seems enough to me. I also like that the church is worldwide. This means that our present disastorous leadership in the American church can be trumped by foreign wisdom.
I have often felt that American leadership is quite worlds, quite tied to the secular world. I feel that the leadership in Africa, Asia, and Southern America, is standing on the gospel. I am not suggesting that the Diocese of North Carolina is not standing on the gospel. In fact, I think that Bishop Curry is a man that is in love with Jesus. In the end, all that matters is where you place your treasure. Where do you place your treasure? I place it in the God who created you and me, the God who made us from dust, the God that is speaking to me as I write this piece, and the God that walks with us through the valley. There is not other God that walks with us, as a shepherd, through the valley of death. This is good news, and I am here to rejoice in it with you.

Comments

Popular Posts