30 Hour Famine


This is no joke.
I have not eaten for over 30 hours. This is starting to get to me.
I am not sure what to do with this experience.
It was easier than I thought it would be, and yet this may have been because I had friends
doing it with me. My whole youth group was doing it. I think that the support was the difference.
I try to fast all the time, but it never works.
This time it worked, and I am convinced that it is because of the team-effort.
Every dollar that I raised will go to a starving child.
That makes me happy.
I live in such abundance in Raleigh, NC.
The key word for today is, "Taken for granted."
This is the attitude of my heart most of the time.
While God provides all of our needs, we go around thinking that it is by our own efforts that we are recieving what we need.
This is so far from the truth.
Jesus provided the loaves and the fishes because Jesus wanted to remind them
"Hey guys, I provide everything, and this meal is simply a reminder of it."
Peace to you all
Pray the 91 Psalm if you ever fast.
Peter Milner

Comments

Popular Posts