Friendship and mercy


I think about friendship a lot.
I am a friend.
I have had lots of friends.
I have lost some friends.
I wish I could find Clay Rice, for instance, my best friend from high school.
But then I have other friends.
My best friend from college is getting married in four weeks.
I am so damn proud of him.
I just want to rejoice in him, and in his decision to marry.
Praise God for this moment.
Will has always been a blessing in my wife.
He has always been a brother, a father, a witness, a cistern of grace in my life.
He has taught me so much though, and that is what I love about him.
He is one of the greatest teachers I have ever met.
I love him with such a deep love, and I am very proud to call him my friend.
Who do you call friend?
Do you have any friends?
Where are they?
Do you tell them that you love them?
If you do love them, why do you refrain from telling them that?
I am sorry, it is time we get over being American men and start being real men.
American men are so afraid, so overly sexed that they hide behind prison cell walls and internet screens before speaking their heart to a friend.
Break the chains. Free yourself. Enjoy the joy of great friendship.
This post has nothing to do with mercy. Sorry.

Comments

Popular Posts