Words from the great monk, and leader, Martin Luther


Why do we make lies out of God's many comforting, unchanging, and eternal promises? He bids us be of good cheer and joyful, Psalm 32 [:11], "Be glad in the Lord," and Psalm 145 [:18-19], "The Lord is near to all who call upon him, to all who call upon him in truth. He fulfils the desire of all who fear him. He hears their cry, and saves them." And Psalm 91 [:14-16], "Because he cleaves to me, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. I will be with him in trouble, I will rescue him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."Thus we are ever firmly assured by God's word that after this wretched and fleeting existence, in which we are never safe for even one moment, there shall be an eternal and blessed life and kingdom.


Comments

Popular Posts