A journal of love


One day I left my journal in Paris, France.
I was around 23 years old.
I left it at a Buero De Change just around the corner from Notre Dame.
I went to the bus, where our tour guide awaited our return.
I realized.
I ran back to the Buero.
It was not there.
Several months later, it arrived at my doorstep.
It is amazing how love comes back to love.
I almost cried I was so happy.
So how did it make it back to me?
Just ten minutes before I lost it, I had written my address in it.
Ten minutes.
And do you think that those ten minutes were a mistake?
The woman that posted my book to me now lives in Rome, Italy.
We even talk on the internet.
Having just written her, I have been thinking about Rome.
Trevi fountain.
The Spanish steps.
The walks along the river.
The hills.
The police screaming recklessly through the streets.
It is an amazing place.

Comments

Popular Posts